We Built The Program We Wish We Had When We Were Kids
We Make Coding Fun For Kids Ages 8-14
Our students learn basic to advanced computer and programming skills, giving them 21st century tools for creative expression. Our in-person instruction program provides a collaborative and inclusive environment to launch your child ahead with the skills and habits of mind needed in the age of technology.
We’re based in our hometown of Austin, TX. Through our hybrid learning model, we’re able to combine the best parts of online and in-person learning while avoiding the pitfalls of each. Your kid can expect self-paced skills development that enhances problem solving skills all while working in a collaborative team setting.
At Launch, students work at their own pace using a flipped learning model with one-on-one in person support with questions, checking their understanding, and projects. Our curriculum is aligned to standards identified by the Computer Science Teachers Association, designed to prepare students to excel in the digital age.
Childhood should be a time of exploration and growth for students. Launch provides structure and guidance in a fun yet challenging collaborative environment.
Our teachers will make computer science engaging and accessible to students. The flipped learning model enables advanced students to learn as their own pace. They can complete the exercises and practices required to understand the concepts and skills quickly, and thrive using new knowledge and creativity in creating their own programs. Our summer camps and weekly programs are designed to open students’ eyes to a set of skills and knowledge that can start them on a path to becoming the innovators of tomorrow.
Currently there is a lack of quality technology and coding education in schools. As a result of there being few qualified teachers, what is currently being taught does not give students a thorough understanding of computer science and programming.
The Launch Philosophy
- Curriculum is self-paced, fun, and engaging for students of all ages.
- Parents can track students’ progress on skills, competencies, and coding projects.
- Learn about programs and operating systems & file saving and hierarchy.
- Kids create real programs that can be showcased to friends, family or in college applications.
- We aim to teach an understanding of computing and network systems that students will need to be technologically literate, and the skills to program. We also make it FUN!
- Younger student will learn about systems and object-oriented programming through video, interactive lessons, and boilerplate activities where students modify and discover features of a programming language.
- Topics include variables, objects, data types, void and return methods, as well as the tools and practices software developers use to solve problems.
The Launch Founding Team Has a Proven Track Record With Significant Experience in Teaching Computer Science Curriculum to Both Adults and Children.
MBA Wharton School of Business, UPenn
Simmons Investment Banking
Education, Energy & Entertainment experience
Director of Business Development E-learning 360
Co-Founder & Executive Producer, Euphoria Festival
Advisory Board, Everfest
Bachelor's degree Biological Sciences
Senior Healthcare Consultant,
The Advisory Board Company
Healthcare Consultant, Sunquest Information Systems
MA Integrative STEM Education
Computer Science Teacher,
University of Texas Masters of Science
Integrative STEM Education
BS Finance & Economics, University Of Texas
COO, MakerSquare (Adult Coding School)
CEO, RoverPass (Technology Company)